Sunday, October 28, 2007

As if I'll ever grow up!

My friend MichelleL tagged me with the task of explaining to you what I would like to be when I grow up because I'm a lazy ass blogger with little inspiration. She's stepped in to save y'all from another bitch and moan session from moi. However, she's assuming that I actually want to grow up, which is debatable! But here ya go.

'Write five things you want to be when you grow up. Big dreams that seem like folly, but in your heart of hearts are very real and dear to you. Things that maybe you have forgotten about in the ebb and flow and toil of the everyday, but that never really leave your soul. What you would do if anything was possible?'


1. A doctor. From the time I was able to talk, until I was in 7th grade, a doctor is all I ever wanted to be. I am fascinated by the inner workings of the human body. Blood and gore do not disgust me or even make me queasy. They intrigue me. I love science and everything related to it. Had I not met Mr. Tenbrook in 7th grade Algebra, I'd have pursued a career in medicine. At that time, he informed me that I was too stupid to be a doctor and that if I tried, I'd end up killing someone. If anything were possible, I'd go back to 7th grade and tell Mr. Tenbrook to go fuck himself, and told mini-me to ignore him.

2. A professor. I love teaching. I am a teacher. But there is an allure associated with teaching at the college level that does not exist for the high school teacher. Teaching adults, students who want to be in class and can participate in intelligent discussions is a tantilizing prospect. If I had the money and the time, I'd pursue a master's/doctorate so that I could teach at the college level. I wouldn't want to teach Spanish though. I'd like to teach linguistics or Englich language acquisition classes. As soon as I win the lottery I never play, I'll be making this happen.

3. A chef. I. Love. Food. I love cooking it, and I love eating (most) of it. The things people do with food fascinate me almost as much as medicine does. If I could, I'd go to a culinary academy and learn how to create the artistic masterpieces I see them create on the cooking shows on TV, and put Rachel Ray out of business. I'm tired of seeing her manhands.

4.A CSI. And not because of the show-which isn't all that close to reality anyway. Again, I have a love affair with science. The information gathered and processed by CSI/Forensics team and lab are tantamount to magical in my book. I'd LOVE to nail creeps with their own DNA for a living.

5. An author. For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to write a book. I just can't decide what about. There are just too many idiotic and freakish events and stories in my life to choose from, and then there's the shit I make up in my head. I've actually started two books, but haven't finished either one, not even close. I get started and then get distracted. So, on the same day that I win the lottery I never play and become a graduate student, I'll sit down and finish a book or two.


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that's it. All the people I know on here who would do this, have already been tagged, save one. So I tag Amy Lane and any other passersby who feel the need to share.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Lord! We do share a brain!!!!

Amy Lane said...

Oooohh...excellent...I love a good meme!!! Yeah...you should have told that teacher to fuck off...as a high school teacher, doesn't it just piss you off to realize how we barely survived the morons we were dealt ourselves?

Michelle J said...

It is just so weird how so many of us seem to share the same brain. It's spooky, but I likes it.

Anonymous said...

I had an asshat for a math teacher in high school, the geometry teacher we called "Pearhead Porter" because his head was gigantic and shaped like a pear. I was really excited about math until my sophomore year. Now I have such fear surrounding math that I don't even get algebra! I'd love to go back in time and kick his ass!

Wayward Dork said...

It is crazy!!! Us IG's have a lot in common on these quizes. You're an awesome lady chica - I say you can be anything you want to be Dr. C!
xoxo

The Lady in Red said...

Michelle, Michelle, Lisa and Holly, I think it's the shared brain that brought us all together! And yes, Amy and Lisa, it's amazing what power asshat teachers have to corrupt and derail their students. I just wish that there'd been someone there to tell me he was wrong at the time. Oh well, I will always have the Discovery Health channel to pacify my medical fetishes!

Letizzia said...

Well, your dreams were very similar to mine!!!
I will feel tagged by you and I'll post it on myspace's blog (the one I have in english), so you'll know... :)
Hugs