Monday, October 22, 2007

Freakish dreams

When I dream, I dream so intensely, vividly, and in detail, that I wake up tired from the dreaming. But with an infant in the house, and in my bed most of the night, it's rare that I sleep well anymore, let alone well enough to dream. Last night, however, I managed to sleep deep enough to have a freakish dream that I cannot thoroughly explain. There are a few things that are obvious representations of things going on in my real life, and a few that I just don't get. The telling of it may involve a little TMI, just sos ya know.
Here's the dream:
I finished pumping and was cleaning myself up, putting things away and getting my bra back on.(I am breastfeeding/pumping milk for the aforementioned infant in real life.) I went to put the pads back in my bra, only they weren't pads. They were square chocolate muffins. And they were HUGE. So I'm sitting here, on my couch, shoving chocolate muffins into my bra, snapping the bra closed, all like this is completely normal. When I pull my shirt down over my bra, I have square boobs, which I walk to the mirror to check out. Instead of being horrified, I smooth my shirt down over them, stick my chest out, and the start smooshing the corners of the muffins with my fingers, trying to round them out. Having successfully rounded my corners out, I brush the crumbs off my shirt, look down and see the crumbs on the floor around my feet, and proceed to pick them up and put them BACK IN MY BRA.
This whole scene repeated itself 3 times before I woke up.

So, I ask you, wtf is wrong with me that on the one occasion in the last 10 months that I've gotten decent sleep, my brain decides to give me chocolate square boobs? Anyone? Anyone? Yeah, I don't get it either.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you just wanted some brownies. Either that or you are just plain nuts.

You Know My Name said...

I think you want chocolate and your boobs back to yourself!
Or like Dr. G said, you are just nuts!

The Lady in Red said...

I think I'm just nuts.

The Lady in Red said...

You are wise beyond your years Gracelet. I do, indeed, want my boobs to be my own again. And chocolate is never a bad idea! :*