Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dear Oscar,

It's been a whole year since you entered our lives. It's been an amazing year of growth, and change, and getting to know the awesome little man that is you.
I don't think I'll ever be able to fully explain to you how happy I was the day I found out I was pregnant, what joy feeling you grow strong and healthy inside me brought, or just how awe-struck I was the first time I saw your handsome little face. You were not the baby I was expecting to meet, but you could not be more perfect, more beautiful, more mine. Your enthusiasm, excitement, and sheer zest for life are intoxicating. Every day is filled with fun and adventure, and a million little miracles I'd otherwise never get to see.
You light up every room and melt every heart you enter. Thank you, baby boy, for choosing me to be your mama. It's only been a year, but it feels like you've always been a part of this life and this family.
I can't wait to see what great things you have in store for the world. No matter what they are, I know they will be amazing. I'm just honored to get to go along for the ride.

Love always,

Mama

1 comment:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Those boys are so lucky to have you. I wish my mom was 1/10th the Mom you are.