Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cakes! I Makez Dem!

I like to make cakes. For every birthday, I make a special cake for each of my boys in whatever shape they choose. I make them for other occasions too.
I've made Spiderman: which I can't find a picture of.

A Lightening McQueen:

A green Power Ranger:

Pablo the Backyardigan:


A flaming sword:


A corset cake for my sister's bridal shower:


And the other day, I made a yarn cake:

I am so flippin' proud of this cake! It's the first time I've made a cake with any kind of 3-D element on it. And it actually looks like what it's supposed to look like, unless my friends are just humoring me :)!
There's no real reason for this post, other than that I'm all geeked out over my cakes, and kinda wondering if I should make them more than just a hobby. They are fun to make, and relatively easy, but they are time consuming and can be expensive, and I have no idea what kind of a market there is for stuff like this. I do know that the laws in Cali make it virtually impossible for me to run a legitimate cake business out of my home, because it's just not big enough and I only have on kitchen, so it would be complicated.
Anyway, that's just one of the things occupying space in my brain. No matter what I decide to do, my kids still get killer cakes for their birthdays, and I have fun making them. :)
Peace out, homies.
L

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU KIDDING???
DID YOU MAKE THEM????
OMG! They're AMAZING!!!!
AAAwwwww dear, I'd like sooooo much to make cakes!!!
I'm not so good as toy are, sweetie, and I would like to live next to you to ask you a Christmas cake to eat together with our families... can't even imagin what you could do!!!!
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Letì

The Lady in Red said...

HAHA! Letti, you crack my shit UP! If you lived next door, I'd make you any kind of cake you wanted, sweets. Maybe some day! :)

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Lore, I had NO IDEA you were such a master cakestress! (is that a word? I like it, I'm keeping it)

Those are so impressive- really beautiful. You will surely never end up on cake wrecks :)

KlevaBich said...

Wow, I hadn't seen a couple of these before. You rock, Lore, even more than I already knew. ;-)

Do try to figure out a way to make these for fun and profit, since you'd be making lots more people happy. And you would get a lot of joy out of creating them.

P.S. I love the word "cakestress." And how appropriate that it comes from our own Bitch Cakes!

SRyanReed said...

i love your cakes, your kids, the ninja, you, your mom - your world is amazing. i just wish you could ship these cakes LD :)

can you make some rainbow or other symbolic cakes and/ or barack the vote cakes and auction them off in your area for some more hype for november 4?

you're the best! but don't tell supah8 (hi chrissy :))
-s

The Lady in Red said...

HAH! Sheryl! That's only because I didn't post pics of my disasters. There've been a few, and they were NOT pretty at all! But thank you. :)

And Sha, that's a great idea! I don't know about auctioning them off, but I think I can make one. All I need is a decent picture. I'll have to do some hunting.

The Lady in Red said...

And Fancy Nancy, thank you! I don't know what I'm going to do with it just yet, but it's pretty much a win no matter where I take it. :)

Anonymous said...

Swear to god I'm not humoring you - I TOTALLY knew what the yarn cake was supposed to be, and my knitting group got a huge kick out of it. If I lived near you, I would so commission you to make cakes for me all the time.

sandy shoes said...

Wow. You really, really, rock at making cakes.